- Wealthbridge Partners, Washington, DC Founder and Managing Partner 2000 – present
- Asset Management Advisors (now GenSpring Family Offices) Co-Founder and CEO 1989-2000
- Collier Enterprises Vice President 1986-1988
- The Northern Trust Company Trust Officer 1984-1986
Highly skilled at partnering with families around three complimentary objectives; to identify the challenges and opportunities inherent in a specific family system, to embed exceptional leadership and communication skills in a family and their enterprise teams, and to create the environment for lasting change which will enhance flourishing. I have a highly collaborative style and thrive myself in dynamic situations. I forge relationships across generations and throughout the enterprise and external advisor teams. Strong listening skills and empathy combine well with an ability to speak frankly to complex families. Bring the experience of having worked with more than 100 large families over 25 years.
- I believe that the families for whom we work have the opportunity for exceptional futures. I have developed an ability to spot both possibility for success and potential for real challenges in a family and create a path forward toward thriving.
- My work with emerging leaders of families is based on the belief that there are many ways to lead within a family and there are necessary components that can be fostered- including high levels of trust, dedication to teamwork, and inspired decision making.
- I have identified and collaborated with dozens of external experts on specific subject matter education for families.
- I have designed, developed and presented more than 100 days worth of curricula on topics ranging from governance, succession planning, philanthropy, communication and leadership in the family enterprise to financial fluency and emotional complexity in families. These topics have been presented in dynamic, experiential ways.
- A Wealth of Possibilities - Navigating Family, Money and Legacy (published fall 2012)
- My work and opinions have been quoted in numerous publications including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Fortune Magazine, Forbes, MSNBC, and National Public Radio as well as several books by other authors.
- Given hundreds of presentations to groups hosted by Citigroup, Young Presidents Organization, The Northern Trust Company, Institute for Private Investors, Family Office Exchange, The Threshold Group, Lydian Wealth Management (now called Convergent), JP Morgan, Chase Private Bank, Wells Fargo, Bessemer Trust Co, numerous wealthy families and family offices.
Present and Prior Board Experience
- Arlington Partners, Birmingham, AL
- The Wendt Center for Loss and Healing, Washington, DC
- Physicians for Peace, Norfolk, VA
- American University in Cairo
- HNB Trust Company, NY and NV
- Asset Management Advisors (now GenSpring Family Offices), FL and WY